10 replies to this topic

#1 DirectX

DirectX

Couch Potato Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

Blanche Devereaux, aged 68 (estimate), passed away earlier today from complications of a stroke at 1:00 a.m. Eastern time in New York, NY. Blanche was a longtime resident of Miami, FL and had recently moved to New York city to start a lingerie line for seniors. She was a native of Atlanta, Ga and was pre-deceased by her husband George Devereaux, also of Atlanta, Ga. and her her sister Virginia Hollingsworth-Bush. Blanche is survived by her children Janet Baker, Rebecca Prince, Matthew Devereaux, Doug Devereaux, and David Kearns, and her sister Charmaine Hollingsworth and a brother Clayton Hollingsworth. She is also survived by her grandchildren Aurora, David, Melissa, Sarah, and David O‘Quinn, and nine great grandchildren who will miss her very much. She was a self-described southern belle, a lady, and a great friend to Dorothy Zbornak-Hollingsworth, Rose Nylund-Dunn, and Sophia Petrillo whom had shared a house with her for many years while residing in Miami, FL. She was also a breast cancer survivor and an animal rights activist who worked tirelessly in her later years against animal abuse and experimentation. Memorial services for Blanche Devereaux will take place at the Miami Beach Convention Center and at her request, will be for men only. A separate, public service will be held at a later date to be announced. She had also wanted to re-iterate in her obituary that she WAS indeed, double jointed… It was also her request that St. Olaf stories be told at her memorial if Rose-Nylund-Dunn were to speak...

Edited by DirectX, 03 June 2010 - 10:21 PM.

#2 shawnxmonkey

shawnxmonkey

Couch Potato Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:24 AM

Hit that one spot on... Makes me wonder how rose would get along by her self. I also wonder what picture blanche would have liked to have in her obit.

#3 Sam

Sam

Fess Parker In Heels

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,754 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:50 PM

That was really good. Thanks for posting.

"Move into this house and you'll die an agonising death!"

#4 Siobh

Siobh

Little Miss Brooklyn

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

Thanks for doing that. It really was spot on.
RIP Blanche.

Blanche: My sister has turned into a deceitful old woman whose only pleasure is in hurting people. — No offence, Sophia.

#5 The Big Gun

The Big Gun

Get Well Soon!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

This was fantastic. I love how you included David as one her children.

But what about Biff and Skippy? Well, maybe not Skippy; he has asthma. :lmao:

mamie-sue3.jpg

Mamie Sue: Elka, you're being as demanding and bossy as Christian Grey. I am not your submissive.

Elka: Just do it!

Mamie Sue: Okay!

#6 Stephen

Stephen

Yoko Zbornak

• Moderators
  • 12,551 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

You're really good at compiling those. :)

Untitled-5_zps48f84d3c.png

#7 Siobh

Siobh

Little Miss Brooklyn

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

Also don't forget- buried in Arlington cemetery.

Blanche: My sister has turned into a deceitful old woman whose only pleasure is in hurting people. — No offence, Sophia.

#8 lecroixwalker

lecroixwalker

Couch Potato Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:36 AM

Also don't forget- buried in Arlington cemetery.

LOL!!

This is really great. It reminds me of the episode where Blanche asks Dorothy what she would say in her eulogy.

#9 Nougi

Nougi

Madonna!!! LOL ROTFL!

• Veterans
  • 10,047 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

;) I smiled when I saw great the word before grandchildren was scratched :grin: It reminded me the guy who said I would have dated a grandma alright but not a liar! :grin: ;)

It was very very good! Thanks for sharing ;)
¨Stanley : Sounds like the last few years of our marriage!
Dorothy : I wish it was that good!

#10 theguywholaughed

theguywholaughed

Clayton Hollingsworth

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

Very nice.... :thumb:

I am in Florida....is there a date? I'd like to attend (and meet Clayton).... I mean if Blanche can check out guys at a funeral, why can't I? ;)

I think she'd be very proud.

It's good to be mayor....

#11 DirectX

DirectX

Couch Potato Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

Thanks guys! Yes I forgot to mention Arlington. Maybe I should become an obit writer LOL. The reason I do this is because to me, they (the characters) were like real people to me. And still are. I'll never forget the nursing home episode where they're talking about taking care of each other when they get old and Rose says "What happens when there's only one of us left?". To which Sophia replied "Don't worry, I can take care of myself!". How ironic that Betty White is now the only one left :(

Mark

Edited by DirectX, 10 June 2010 - 06:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users